This is my contribution for Maheswari's AFAM..I am not sure if this satisfies the conditions of AFAM..please let me know my faults so i can improve in future...This is a pudding to be served warm..
- Apples - 1/2 kg (peeled & cut in 1/2" pieces)
- powdered sugar - 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup
- butter - 1/2 cup softened
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- dessicated coconut powder - 1/2 cup
- baking pwder - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2 nos.
- milk - 1/2 cup
- raisins - 2 tbsp
- vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Mix apples with 1/4 cup sugar & 1 tbsp butter in a microproof dish.Microwave for 4 mts.Keep aside.
- Sift flour & baking powder.Add coconut powder & raisins.
- Separate egg whites in a dry bowl.Beat till peaks form.keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter & 1/2 cup sugar. add egg yolks & essence.mix well
- Add flour mix & milk to the butter mixture.Beat well to get a soft dropping consistency.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.Spread the batter over the fruit.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius .Bake for 25-30 mts until top is slightly brown.
- Serve the pudding with cold custard custard or ice cream.