- Paneer(Cottage cheese) - 300 gms
- Tomatoes - 5 chopped roughly
- ginger - 1" piece(chopped)
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts or Melon seeds - 4 tbsp soaked in a little water & ground to a paste
- Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup (approx.)
- Cream(optional) - for garnishing
Fry paneer pieces in 1tsp oil.Microwave tomatoes & ginger in a deepdish for about 4 mts .Tomatoes become soft & skin peels off easily.Blend this to make a puree & keep aside.Heat oil & butter in a pan.Add the puree,salt sugar,red chilli powder & garam masala.Saute till oil separates(it takes a litle while).Now add tomato ketchup.Continue cooking over medium flame.Add cashew paste & kasoori methi.Mix & fry for 1 mt.Add 1/2 cup water & cook .Finally add paneer pieces,milk.Cover & cook for 3 mts on low flame.Garnish with cream & kasoori methi .Serve hot.
*U may omit the cream if u want.If u still want to garnish u can do so with milk as well..